Life With Alison Elinor

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Zoo Crew

I'm going to go ahead and start posting again, even though the bloody software won't let me upload pictures-- I'm going to get with Blogger support and see what's going on. We have creaky old dial-up and I suspect that the "upgraded" software is no longer compatible.

This is a shame, because I have some cute recent pics.

Anyway, as some of you might know, I've changed my work schedule so that Boo and I have Tuesdays and Thursdays together. (She stays later at day care on Monday/Wednesday/Friday, which is fine because she's just napping, and when I pick her up at 3, she's ready to go do stuff.) So far, this is working out well for both of us-- it means we can go do more mom/toddler things together, since those are invariably scheduled for 10 a.m., and we can hang with our old stay-at-home crew again.

Thursday, we took Alison and Sophia to the Lehigh County "Zoo." It's a facility that's had a lot of organizational turnover in the last couple of years, and it shows-- half of the exhibits were closed and the open exhibits were not the most gripping. For example, they had a PONY. On exhibit. In a ZOO. I will never gripe about the Da Vinci Center's lack of resources ever again. It wasn't a big deal because, as a Da Vinci employee, I was able to get all of us in for free. I feel like I should send them a check to help upgrade, but I'm going to wait and make sure their staff is stable for a bit first.

I digress. The zoo wasn't as big a hit as we thought it would be. I think it was due to the fact that it was hard to see some of the animals if they were sleeping, and if they were awake, they scared the bejeezus out of the girls. Their favorite part was this giant, empty teepee that was just randomly set up in the grass; they loved running in and out of it.

They had some cool animals-- kangaroos, rams, a herd of buffalo, some owls. But man, does that zoo need some love.

On the way out, we're driving down the exit road and all of a sudden, the road runs right into a creek. We're like, "did we hit a service road or something?" and then we see this sign that says, "the kids LOVE fording the Jordan Creek at the end of their zoo visit!" We're thinking, "oh, really...?" and Jenn is forming the evacuation plan while I'm furiously cranking the Jeep into 4WD. Then we drove into the Creek, which was like driving through a large puddle. It was kinda fun, but that is the oddest zoo we have ever been to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home