Life With Alison Elinor

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Our First 5K

...no, I didn't make her run it on her 10" legs.

She rode in the stroller and I walked. We did it with our walking group, which was fun because we got to see some of the moms and kids whom we haven't seen since I started working mornings. We had to stay in the back, and I volunteered to be officially the last "athlete" across the finish line. Ha! Hey, we did pretty good considering that I have a cold and had to carry Alison for a mile because she was so cranky.

I discovered the reason for her crankiness at the post-race celebration: she had an ear infection! I had no idea, since she was fine and in good spirits that morning and had been wearing her little bear hat with earflaps, so I didn't know until I popped it off of her little head and saw the crime scene. Jeff took her to the ped and got her some eardrops, which was good because at dinnertime the OTHER ear went off like a bomb. Oh well. She's actually very active and peppy, despite the funk, so we're assuming she's on the upswing. I have now made a note in the Mommy File to check her ears in the morning (not to be hysterical, mind) and not just assume that because she's smiling and not yanking at them, that everything is fine.

Anyway...we're telecommuting for the next few days, looks like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home