Life With Alison Elinor

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The "Virus"

Alison is sick. Again. Between day care and swim class, she's going to end up with the immune system of a missionary by the time she hits preschool.

I've realized that unless the kid has a horrible fever or a freaky rash, there's really no point to taking her to the doctor. When I've done so in the past, they tell me she has a "Virus." That's all. Some generic "Virus." Nothing to do but pump her full of liquids and Tylenol and ride it out. So that's what we'll do. Nothing like a full day of Food Network...

Her quirk du jour is to jam the back of her hand in her mouth, waggle it around, and go "aaahhhhhh" so that she gets a kind of sound modulation.

She's also really big on feeding the rest of us (especially Sam)...I tell her, "no, I want you to have that...that's for you." Kinda like how my dad used to with me! (Awesome.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home