Life With Alison Elinor

Thursday, November 02, 2006

My My My My My Boo-gie Shoes

Boo and I went for her first proper shoe shopping trip on Tuesday. We went to Stride Rite, which has just opened in the new shopping center 5 minutes from our house. (Yay!) The salesgirl was very sweet to Boo, measuring her feet with that little slide-rule device they have, and Boo did very well also-- she only got reluctant halfway through the second foot. (For the record, she's a 4 1/2 extra wide). I bought her a pair of little brown leather shoes so she'd have a shoe for winter besides her sneaks. They're really cute and Boo ran around the store in them.

She engaged the salesgirl in her favorite game, Let's See How Many Board Books You Can Hold At One Time. The girl would take the one that Boo handed her, obligingly start reading it, and before she was even through the first page, Boo was off to the book rack again, pulling out another one. After two or three failed starts at reading, the girl caught on to the game.

I put a stop to things when Boo started developing a new game called Let's See How Many Pairs of These Shoes I Can Pull Off of the Racks.

(Alison's Grandmommy and Grandaddy were here last weekend-- I'll post pics and notes from that weekend next posting!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home