Life With Alison Elinor

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

That's My Bag, Baby

Alison is evolving into a bit of a lady. Case in point: she likes to carry around any kind of handled container in the crook of her arm like it's a purse. She does this with baskets, with buckets, with her Peek-A-Block carrier. She may not have anything in it, but she'll take it wherever she goes. She looks like Queen Elizabeth-- it's hilarious. I keep asking her if she'll switch arms to let her lady-in-waiting know she needs rescuing from a stifling social situation.

I'm not too big on the whole boys-are-boys and girls-are-girls thing-- I hate putting people into boxes based on gender-- but it's funny how a lot of those traits seem to be inherent. We had a playdate with the moms from my running group, and all of the other kids are boys. They were all wrestling each other while Alison pranced around the room, pretending to dust furniture, a plastic Halloween jack-o-lantern in the crook of her arm. She doesn't get this stuff from me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home