Life With Alison Elinor

Friday, October 27, 2006

Cuttings and Carvings

We carved pumpkins yesterday-- well, I carved the pumpkins. (I don't let the 15-month-old play with knives.) But Alison "assisted" by playing with the pumpkin funk and seeds, helpfully returning seeds to the pumpkin hollows as I was digging them out. She loved the lids, pulling them off each pumpkin and switching them around, trying in vain to make the "wrong" lid fit a certain jack-o-lantern. We carved the three big pumpkins we picked up on our pumpkin patch trip, and she was interested in the process until I got almost finished with the 3rd pumpkin. That translates to close to an hour, so that's a pretty decent stretch!

I also gave Alison a quick haircut, the first I've ever attempted. She had her first cut at the salon where I go, but I thought that it would be silly to keep getting it professionally done. I may rethink that plan. I only trimmed her bangs, which means I maybe cut 2-3 locks of hair total, and it took forever, because despite having her in her highchair, I still had to practically pin her shoulders with my feet while I tried to cut with her thrashing and shrieking, and I managed to stab myself at least once.

She does look cute. (Then again, that's not hard for her!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home